1850 — Norwegians began to settle in the vicinity of the Lemonweir River in the present township of Lindina.
1854 — In May written request was made of Pioneer Pastor H. A. Preus that he come once or twice a year for services. On July 25, 1854, under the guidance of Pastor Preus the “The Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Congregation in Lemonweir” was organized. On his first visit he was carried across Brewer’s Creek as there was no bridge. Knud Ormson stayed the night on the opposite side to guard the horses and buggy. From Spring Prairie, Paster H. A. Preus served the congregation for 11 years.